http://restlessjo.wordpress.com/ tagged me to answer a list of questions – not usually my kind of blogging. I did suggest my answers might be a poem, but it didn’t work out like that: sorry, Jo.
1. Which place would you most like to visit, and why?
My own home, as travel’s too tiring – armchair travel is best for me.
2. In my next incarnation, I would like to be…?
a domestic cat – they live such a comfortable life.
3. Which person from history would you most like to meet and why?
Off the top of my head, I should like to meet Artur Rubinstein (1887-1982) and hear him play Chopin as only he could.
4. What has been the most exciting experience you have ever had?
5. Have you a life lesson that you would like to share?
Keep on keeping on – little by little, even the biggest task is achievable
6. The best meal I ever had was…?
Lobster and strawberries at West Wittering on Sea, in 1948, taken on a day out by wealthy neighbours, whose son was “my friend who’s a boy.” As the pickiest of picky eaters, brought up on wartime rations and meat and two overcooked veg, this food was a revelation and changed my life (unaffordably) for ever.
7. What changes would you most want to implement if you were a leading politician?
Eliminate war; tax the greedy; help the needy.
8. The best holiday I ever had was…?
Greek island hopping, the first I ever took on my own.
9. The quality I most admire in a friend is…?
The ability to make me laugh.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Here, where I live now, on the edge of a lively village in lower Normandy, France
11. Do you have a favourite walk, and if so where?
Along the seashore on a wild winter day.